CIRCA Scientific was funded in 2010 to innovate safe, accurate, and fast technologies for improved patient care.
CIRCA’s S-CATH* and the CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System* address the problems associated with slow, single sensor, small surface area standard esophageal temperature probes and monitors, which are constructed with a single thermistor or thermocouple embedded inside a 3-5mm wide probe tip. These standard probes are used during a variety of procedures but are slow to respond to temperature changes and difficult to see under x-ray guidance.
For example, some temperature probes and monitors only display new temperatures 1 or 2 times every 2 seconds, and only cover a small 3-5mm wide area of the esophagus’s 10-20mm potential width.
CIRCA S-Cath™ & CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System™ Brochure
CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System™ Diagrams
CIRCA’s single-use radiopaque S-CATH includes 12 temperature sensors that continuously sense for new temperatures. In addition, the S-CATH deploys in a two-plane modified “S” configuration to cover up to an 18mm+ wide area of the esophagus and improves visualization under x-ray.
The re-usable CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System is a compact touch screen monitor that displays the individual temperature of each sensor 20-times-per-second. The monitor also simultaneously displays the warmest sensor on the probe. Temperatures are displayed in numerical and graphical formats and the clinician can set audible/visual warnings and alarms.
CS-1000 CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System
• 12 temperature display - 50mS refresh rate (20-times-per-second)
• Continuous maximum temperature display
• Graphical display of temperature change over time
• User selectable visual and audible warning and alarm
• Indication for Use: Display continuous temperature measurement from 12-sensor temperature probe.
CS-1029 Temperature Reference Standard
CS-2001 CIRCA S-Cath
• 10 French OD Esophageal Temperature Probe
• 2-Plane radiopaque design
• 12 integrated sensors
• Straightening stylet for oral or nasal delivery
• Indication for Use: The Esophageal Temperature Probe is intended for continuous temperature monitoring. The radiopaque probe is designed for placement in the esophagus.
CS-2002 CIRCA S-Cath Interconnect Cable
• 10' working length cable extension - Reusable
CS-2003 CIRCA S-Cath Interconnect Cable
• 15' working length cable extension - Reusable
FDA Cleared CIRCA S-CATH™
and CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System™
Maximum Temperature Screen
Channel Graphs Screen